Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Hockey Game!

I know you are wondering, Hockey in Arizona? Well it is street hockey that is played inside the school's gym. Clayton has been on the team since last year and really loves it. On Friday, Clayton and I were able to play against each other. The school had a game, Students vs Teachers, but the only problem was that there weren't enough teachers willing to play. So the coach approached me and asked if I would be willing to play. He said that all I would need to do was just be there to help the goalie out defensively. So I thought, Okay Savannah you can do that! Ya Right!! Three minutes into the game I had already been hit 2 times in the leg by hockey sticks, tripped and pretty much getting my butt kicked by a bunch of 10 year olds. It was great!

This picture was taken before the game started. Notice that I am smiling. After the game not so much!

Here is Clayton with his friend Peyton. They were ready to show me what it is all about!
This is my friend Shelley Stanley. She teaches Kindergarten at the school and her son, Colton, plays on the hockey team too.

This is Wade and his best friend Drew watching the game! They were cheering so aloud and loving every minute of it. Wade kept telling me to move faster! Thanks Wade! But through it all Clayton was telling me how cool I was because I even tried to play! I love him so much!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome to the world of "Hockey Moms". We do get beat up a bit and hit with pucks ALOT. Believe it or not, Arizona has one of the best hockey programs around. So cute!!!

Just the 7 of us said...

Savannah that is so cute and what a great mom you are to go and play hockey. I love it.