Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Papa Joe!

Today is my Papa Joe's 83rd birthday. The boys were so excited this morning to call and sing to him, because he always sings to them on their birthdays.That is only one reason that I love him so much. He never forgets about me or my kids, EVER! Even living far away in South Carolina he wrote to them faithfully and my boys loved getting every letter that was sent to them. Papa Joe has always been a fun and loving grandpa. Growing up we spent so much time visiting them at Girls Camp. Papa Joe was in charge of taking care of the LDS Girls Camp up Fairview Canyon for 6-8 months out of the year. So I wanted to go and stay with him as much as possible. I loved going to be with him because I always felt so much love from him (also he let me do whatever I wanted). The only draw back was that I had to share "MY" Papa Joe with all of the other girls that came up to stay. I just wanted him for myself.
I just want "MY" Papa Joe to know how much I love and appreciate him. He is the best grandpa anyone could ever ask for! Thank you for always letting me be who I am and loving me for it. Thank you for supporting me in everything that I do and have done in my life. My boys think the world of you and I hope that. They love you so much. I hope that you have a great day! I LOVE YOU!

This is Clayton with Papa Joe up at Girls Camp. I always loved being rocked in that chair just like Clayton did too.
Here is Wade swinging with Papa Joe. He can give the best underdogs EVER! My kids love it!This is Luke just being loved by Papa Joe! Luke thinks that he is the best. Now that Luke is older he loves listening and watching what Papa Joe does. It is so cute!

1 comment:

dawnie said...

You did a great job and your pictures and comments. I think that PJ will be very happy. Time sure does fly.