Monday, October 18, 2010

Long Time Coming!





So it's been about 8 months since I have posted anything new. Life has been a little crazy around here. It's always hard to move and start over but I never realized just how hard it was going to be for me. All of the kids are doing great. The move has done wonders for Clayton. He has made lots of new friends and is doing great in school. Wade has been so healthy the past 8 months. No pneumonia or shingles or scarlet fever (did I miss anything else) :) So for that reason alone the move has been really good for him. He is loving school and enjoys going to scouts every week. Luke is growing up so fast. This is the first year I have been alone during the day in 12 years. I was really enjoying it at first but I do miss my little crafting buddy. Luke loves school and is making friends slowly. Justin's business is doing great. He is happy to be where there is work available. He also loves being by the mountains again. We have done a lot of camping and hunting since being here in Utah. I think that the only person this move has been really hard on has been me. Growing up I had a few friends here and there, but when I got married the only friend I had was Justin. All of my GIRL friends disappeared. Being all by yourself away from family trying to raise your kids the best you know how has been hard. Moving around the past 7 years has taught me how important friends are and how much they can bring into your life. I was so blessed in Kingman to have so many great friends that were willing to help me in anyway. I don't have really any friends yet and that has been HARD! Sure my family is around but you miss having friends that listen and don't judge you. I appreciate those friends that have made an effort to come and stop by to visit when you are up here. You are always welcome! Also those friends that never give up on me and keep calling until I answer the phone. You mean the world to me. I will start posting more so that we all can stay close through the years to come. Here is our new family pictures. Love you all!

2 comments:

Just the 7 of us said...

Savannah we love ya and miss all of you. Your pictures are gorgeous they turned out perfect. Glad to see ya on the blog again.

Amie said...

I'm glad you are posting again... I'm sorry this move has been so hard on you. I hope it gets easier and that you can find your groove here too.

You know you are welcome to come up and craft with me a.n.y.t.i.m.e. I've been trying to break into your circle of friends for years! ;) Of course, I have to compete with your mom which isn't fair. Ha.

I would love to meet the friends you have made over the years. I'm glad they've made life better for you. I think we discount how much we need friends as adults. It is nice to be taken care of sometimes.

PS - I lost your phone number but I am going to do a batch of cinnamon rolls for the weekend too so don't feel like you have to make millions.

PSS - Your pictures are super cute (I still haven't seen them.) Wade reminds me of James in that pictures (which I haven't ever thought before.... I think it is the face shape.